Info

Characteristics And Curiosities About Coffee That You Did Not Know

The first thing that catches the attention of a good coffee is its aroma. This is the main feature and what every consumer looks for.

Did you know that the original name of the coffee is Qahwah and is born from the term of Yemen that it uses to name the wine? In Turkey, it is known as Kahveh and in Holland Koffie. Hence the name born in English: Coffee and in Spanish: Coffee.

Coffee is an aromatic drink widely consumed throughout the world. But the knowledge around this product is very scarce, or the essentials are simply known.

Coffee is one of the most popular products on the planet, and it is obtained from a bush seed that is known as coffee. Its seed is roasted and ground, to become powder. This is what we put in the filters to infuse the water and get the drink.

Coffee is usually consumed hot, but thanks to the innovations and adaptations it receives in the world, it can be drunk in different ways.

For a quality coffee to grow, a stable climate is necessary, where humidity and warmth prevail.

Within coffee, there is a substance that is known as caffeine. This is its main feature. It is ideal for stimulating fatigue and drowsiness. In addition to that, it provides the body with well-being and euphoria.

Coffee Characteristics

Coffee is the second product with the highest levels of commercialization in the world. According to the Fairtrade Foundation, more than 125 million people around the world depend on coffee for their daily well-being, with around 25 million farms producing 80% of the world’s coffee.

The first thing that catches the attention of a good coffee is its aroma. This is the main feature and what every consumer looks for. Its physical appearance or cup would be the second element to consider and, finally, its flavour.

Within the flavours of coffee we have: sweet, fruity, acid, pronounced, typical of coffee and tall. In the case of the body of the drink, it refers to the flavours and their persistence in the mouth and throat.

At this point, a moderate, balanced or complete body is sought. With regard to the acidity of coffee, it is your letter of introduction. This element can be dry or clear. If the taste feels unpleasant, we will be in the presence of a vinous, spicy, pungent or sour product.

Its impression, in general, refers to quality, where there are two aspects: it is accepted or not accepted. So you have a good impression. Coffee must have aroma, flavour, acidity and a pleasant body.

In the case of the seed, its characteristics vary according to its classification. The type of plant, geographical origin, condition of the grain and the roasting time come into play. Depending on where the coffee crop comes from, all its composition varies. In that sense, in the world, we find mostly two types of coffee seeds or plants: Arabica and Robusta.

Dividing both groups and looking at world consumption, Arabica coffee has a 70% share. The Robusta, less popular and quite discriminated against for being bitterer and having twice as much caffeine, the remaining 30%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *